Women's college teams net solid hiring grades
Women's college basketball teams are still making good grades when it comes to hiring coaches.INDIANAPOLIS -- Women's college basketball teams are still making good grades when it comes to hiring coaches.
The annual hiring report card, released Tuesday by the Black Coaches and Administrators, showed 21 of 25 Division I teams that had head coaching vacancies received an A or B grade.
Schools are scored in four categories: Communication with the BCA, composition of their search committees, candidates who were interviewed and the length of the search.
The report shows 29.6 percent of overall candidates interviewed and 34.2 percent of those serving on search committees were people of color. Four of the actual hires were black women, one was Hispanic, and one was a multi-racial male. Twelve of the 25 coaches hired were women.
Michigan and Utah State received C's. Colorado State and Texas had D's.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 9 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos