Women's college teams net solid hiring grades
Women's college basketball teams are still making good grades when it comes to hiring coaches.INDIANAPOLIS -- Women's college basketball teams are still making good grades when it comes to hiring coaches.
The annual hiring report card, released Tuesday by the Black Coaches and Administrators, showed 21 of 25 Division I teams that had head coaching vacancies received an A or B grade.
Schools are scored in four categories: Communication with the BCA, composition of their search committees, candidates who were interviewed and the length of the search.
The report shows 29.6 percent of overall candidates interviewed and 34.2 percent of those serving on search committees were people of color. Four of the actual hires were black women, one was Hispanic, and one was a multi-racial male. Twelve of the 25 coaches hired were women.
Michigan and Utah State received C's. Colorado State and Texas had D's.
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos