Oklahoma freshman Manning done for season
Freshman guard Maddie Manning will miss the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury.NORMAN, Okla. -- Freshman guard Maddie Manning will miss the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury.
Coach Sherri Coale announced Thursday that Manning would need surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee. Coale says Manning was hurt in practice on Wednesday.
The 12th-ranked Sooners (5-1) also lost forward Kaylon Williams to a torn ACL prior to the season. It's the second straight season Oklahoma has lost a pair of players to the injury.
Manning was averaging 6.2 points and 3.3 rebounds and had moved into a starting role.
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 24 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 1 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos