Holdsclaw's lawyer investigating alleged assault
A lawyer for former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw says he's investigating the circumstances that led to assault and weapons charges against the Olympic gold medalist.ATLANTA -- A lawyer for former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw says he's investigating the circumstances that led to assault and weapons charges against the Olympic gold medalist.
The 35-year-old is accused of smashing the windows and firing a shot into a car belonging to Jennifer Lacy, who plays for the Tulsa Shock. No one was injured. Lacy told police Holdsclaw was an ex-girlfriend and they were Atlanta Dream teammates in 2009.
After an appearance in Fulton County Magistrate Court Friday, lawyer Patrick Sullivan said the case hasn't been indicted yet.
Sullivan said he's had positive conversations with Lacy and they're trying "to resolve the case in the best way possible."
Holdsclaw is out on bond and has been ordered to wear a monitoring device and have no contact with the 29-year-old Lacy.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 43 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos