Holdsclaw's lawyer investigating alleged assault
A lawyer for former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw says he's investigating the circumstances that led to assault and weapons charges against the Olympic gold medalist.ATLANTA -- A lawyer for former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw says he's investigating the circumstances that led to assault and weapons charges against the Olympic gold medalist.
The 35-year-old is accused of smashing the windows and firing a shot into a car belonging to Jennifer Lacy, who plays for the Tulsa Shock. No one was injured. Lacy told police Holdsclaw was an ex-girlfriend and they were Atlanta Dream teammates in 2009.
After an appearance in Fulton County Magistrate Court Friday, lawyer Patrick Sullivan said the case hasn't been indicted yet.
Sullivan said he's had positive conversations with Lacy and they're trying "to resolve the case in the best way possible."
Holdsclaw is out on bond and has been ordered to wear a monitoring device and have no contact with the 29-year-old Lacy.
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 8 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 26 min ago
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos