St John's loses McPherson for year to ACL tear
St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
NEW YORK -- St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
The senior guard injured the knee early in the second half of the 17th-ranked Red Storm's 66-54 win over Hartford last Sunday. McPherson scored six points and four rebounds before going down while driving to the basket.
McPherson started all 34 games last season and was the team's third-highest scorer. She's averaging 7.6 points this season.
The Red Storm (4-1) face Boston University on the road Saturday.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 9 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos