Quinnipiac, Monmouth to join MAAC for 2013-14
Quinnipiac and Monmouth have accepted invitations to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.EDISON, N.J. -- Quinnipiac and Monmouth have accepted invitations to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
The MAAC made the announcement Friday and said the schools would join the conference for the 2013-14 academic year.
Loyola, Md., is leaving the MAAC after this season, the league's 32nd. With the departure of Loyola and the addition of Quinnipiac and Monmouth, the MAAC will have 11 members for 2013-14.
The other MAAC schools are: Canisius, Fairfield, Iona, Manhattan, Marist, Niagara, Rider, Saint Peter's and Siena.
Quinnipiac and Monmouth are both in the Northeast Conference, which will have 12 members this season.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 45 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos