Quinnipiac, Monmouth to join MAAC for 2013-14
Quinnipiac and Monmouth have accepted invitations to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.EDISON, N.J. -- Quinnipiac and Monmouth have accepted invitations to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
The MAAC made the announcement Friday and said the schools would join the conference for the 2013-14 academic year.
Loyola, Md., is leaving the MAAC after this season, the league's 32nd. With the departure of Loyola and the addition of Quinnipiac and Monmouth, the MAAC will have 11 members for 2013-14.
The other MAAC schools are: Canisius, Fairfield, Iona, Manhattan, Marist, Niagara, Rider, Saint Peter's and Siena.
Quinnipiac and Monmouth are both in the Northeast Conference, which will have 12 members this season.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos