Quinnipiac, Monmouth to join MAAC for 2013-14
Quinnipiac and Monmouth have accepted invitations to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.EDISON, N.J. -- Quinnipiac and Monmouth have accepted invitations to join the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
The MAAC made the announcement Friday and said the schools would join the conference for the 2013-14 academic year.
Loyola, Md., is leaving the MAAC after this season, the league's 32nd. With the departure of Loyola and the addition of Quinnipiac and Monmouth, the MAAC will have 11 members for 2013-14.
The other MAAC schools are: Canisius, Fairfield, Iona, Manhattan, Marist, Niagara, Rider, Saint Peter's and Siena.
Quinnipiac and Monmouth are both in the Northeast Conference, which will have 12 members this season.
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 33 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 53 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 2 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 33 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 5 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 8 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 26 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 8 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos