USC coach Cooper suspended for one game
USC women's basketball coach Michael Cooper was suspended by the university from Friday's game against UC Davis.LOS ANGELES -- USC women's basketball coach Michael Cooper was suspended by the university from Friday's game against UC Davis.
The school says Cooper committed an NCAA secondary violation involving the use of an ineligible player in practice.
In his absence, associate head coach Daron Park oversaw the team in its 78-69 loss in the Women of Troy Classic at Galen Center.
Cooper will return to coach the Trojans against No. 4 Duke on Saturday.
He is in his fourth season at USC, with a career mark of 64-43, after spending eight seasons coaching the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks. Cooper played 12 seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 9 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos