USC coach Cooper suspended for one game
USC women's basketball coach Michael Cooper was suspended by the university from Friday's game against UC Davis.LOS ANGELES -- USC women's basketball coach Michael Cooper was suspended by the university from Friday's game against UC Davis.
The school says Cooper committed an NCAA secondary violation involving the use of an ineligible player in practice.
In his absence, associate head coach Daron Park oversaw the team in its 78-69 loss in the Women of Troy Classic at Galen Center.
Cooper will return to coach the Trojans against No. 4 Duke on Saturday.
He is in his fourth season at USC, with a career mark of 64-43, after spending eight seasons coaching the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks. Cooper played 12 seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 38 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 15 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 7 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
2 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
11 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos