Scoring leader McCoughtry re-signs with Dream
Defending WNBA scoring leader Angel McCoughtry has re-signed with the Atlanta Dream.ATLANTA -- Defending WNBA scoring leader Angel McCoughtry has re-signed with the Atlanta Dream.
McCoughtry averaged 21.4 points per game and also led the league with 2.5 steals per game last season. She has played with Atlanta in each of her four seasons and also was a member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic gold medal team.
Terms for the multiyear deal were not announced Thursday.
McCoughtry was suspended for undisclosed violations of team rules last season as the Dream found turmoil after appearing in back-to-back WNBA finals in 2010-11. Coach and general manager Marynell Meadors was replaced with Fred Williams.
McCoughtry was rookie of the year in 2009. Her career average of 19.0 points per game is fifth-best in league history.
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
3 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos