Former Mystics coach Plank joins Dream staff
Former Washington Mystics coach Julie Plank has joined the Atlanta Dream staff as an assistant coach.
ATLANTA -- Former Washington Mystics coach Julie Plank has joined the Atlanta Dream staff as an assistant coach.
Plank, the Washington coach in the 2009-10 seasons, is joining Joe Ciampi as assistants in Atlanta on coach Fred Williams' staff.
Plank compiled a 38-30 record in two seasons with the Mystics, including a first-place Eastern Conference finish in 2010. She left the team when asked to assume the dual role as general manager.
Plank has 11 years coaching experience in the WNBA. She was an assistant with Minnesota in 2008, and was an assistant for eight seasons with Indiana. She was an assistant coach on the United States' gold medal Olympics team in 2000.
Before moving to the WNBA, Plank was an assistant with Tara VanDerveer at Stanford for 10 years (1986-95).
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos