Baylor sticks as AP No. 1 for 10th week in row
Baylor remained No. 1 in The Associated Press women's basketball poll for a 10th consecutive week.Baylor remained No. 1 in The Associated Press women's basketball poll for a 10th consecutive week.
The Lady Bears received all 40 first-place votes for the third straight week and have won 49 straight Big 12 regular-season and tournament games after routing No. 23 Iowa State for the conference title Monday night.
The top four stayed the same, with Notre Dame, Connecticut and Stanford following Baylor. The Irish and Huskies will play for the third time this season when they meet in the Big East tournament title game Tuesday night. Stanford clinched the Pac-12 tournament Sunday night and won't play again until the NCAA tournament.
Duke, California, Kentucky, Penn State, Texas A&M and Tennessee round out the first 10. The Aggies made the biggest leap moving up 10 spots after winning the SEC tournament.
Purdue rejoined the poll at No. 21 after taking the Big Ten tournament. Toledo and LSU fell out.
The Rockets fell out a week after entering the poll for the first time since 2001. Toledo beat Ball State 63-39 in its lone game of the week.
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 54 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 51 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 55 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 53 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 49 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 7 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos