UConn G Banks has knee surgery for torn ACL
Connecticut guard Brianna Banks has undergone surgery to repair the knee ligament she tore in February.
STORRS, Conn. -- Connecticut guard Brianna Banks has undergone surgery to repair the knee ligament she tore in February.
The school issued a statement saying Thursday's surgery was a success and Banks should be ready to start the 2013-14 season after undergoing rehabilitation.
The sophomore point guard tore her right anterior cruciate ligament on Feb. 2 during a 71-65 win at St. John's.
Banks averaged 7.3 points over 21 games this season backing up junior Bria Hartley.
UConn (29-4) is coming off a loss to Notre Dame in the Big East championship game, but is expected to be a top seed in the NCAA tournament. Hartley has been sharing the point guard duties with freshman Moriah Jefferson and senior Caroline Doty.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 56 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 34 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 42 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 29 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 19 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
19 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
14 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos