Washington coach McGuff agrees to extension
Washington women's basketball coach Kevin McGuff has agreed to a contract extension that goes through the 2020 season.SEATTLE -- Washington women's basketball coach Kevin McGuff has agreed to a contract extension that goes through the 2020 season.
The school announced the extension Tuesday. Terms were not immediately released. McGuff's original deal signed in spring 2011 was for five years.
McGuff just completed his second season at Washington. The Huskies posted 20 wins for the second straight season, the first time Washington has won 20 games in consecutive seasons in nearly two decades.
McGuff is 41-26 at Washington and was on the verge of an NCAA tournament bid before a late-season swoon. The Huskies reached the quarterfinals of the women's NIT last season and the second round this year.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 9 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos