Storm's Jackson: No plans to play before 2014
Lauren Jackson says she has no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season, and that she's experiencing no pain for the first time in three years.SYDNEY -- Lauren Jackson says she has no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season, and that she's experiencing no pain for the first time in three years.
Jackson, who has won four Olympic medals with Australia, including a bronze last year at the London Games, underwent surgery on her right hamstring in January, a chronic injury which she says nearly forced her to retire.
The three-time WNBA MVP told Australian media that "now I'm running up hills, doing everything I can, pain-free."
Jackson has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title. In nine games last year after the Olympics, she averaged a career-low 10.2 points.
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 59 min ago
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos