Sun's Jones to sit out upcoming WNBA season
Connecticut Sun forward Asjha Jones says she will sit out the upcoming WNBA season to recover from nagging injuries.UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Connecticut Sun forward Asjha Jones says she will sit out the upcoming WNBA season to recover from nagging injuries.
The 6-foot-2 Jones, who played for the U.S. Olympic team, missed 14 games with the Sun last year because of a strained left Achilles tendon. She returned to average 13.6 points and 6.4 rebounds in five playoff games.
Jones says she does not feel she would be fit and ready to play this summer, but plans to return in 2014.
Jones has spent 10 seasons in the WNBA, including nine with the Sun. She is the second leading scorer (3,336 points) and rebounder (1,447 rebounds) in team history.
Sun coach Anne Donovan expressed disappointment with the decision, but says she's confident in the ability of the players that are returning.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 26 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
24 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos