Washington promotes Neighbors as new coach
Washington has promoted Mike Neighbors to be the Huskies new head women's basketball coach after Kevin McGuff left to take the head job at Ohio State.
SEATTLE -- Washington has promoted Mike Neighbors to be the Huskies' new head women's basketball coach after Kevin McGuff left to take the head job at Ohio State.
Washington made the announcement of Neighbors' promotion on Friday night. Neighbors agreed to a five-year deal that will pay him $350,000 in the first season and increase by $20,000 each year thereafter.
Neighbors, 44, spent the last two seasons as an assistant to McGuff. He's never been a head coach at the college level, serving as an assistant at Xavier, Arkansas, Colorado and Tulsa before coming to Washington.
Neighbors will inherit a team that is coming off consecutive 20-win seasons for the first time since the mid-1990s. The Huskies should be very good in 2013-14 with two McDonald All-American's -- Katie Collier and Kelsey Plum -- joining all-Pac-12 selection Jazmine Davis.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 3 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
56 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos