Washington promotes Neighbors as new coach
Washington has promoted Mike Neighbors to be the Huskies new head women's basketball coach after Kevin McGuff left to take the head job at Ohio State.
SEATTLE -- Washington has promoted Mike Neighbors to be the Huskies' new head women's basketball coach after Kevin McGuff left to take the head job at Ohio State.
Washington made the announcement of Neighbors' promotion on Friday night. Neighbors agreed to a five-year deal that will pay him $350,000 in the first season and increase by $20,000 each year thereafter.
Neighbors, 44, spent the last two seasons as an assistant to McGuff. He's never been a head coach at the college level, serving as an assistant at Xavier, Arkansas, Colorado and Tulsa before coming to Washington.
Neighbors will inherit a team that is coming off consecutive 20-win seasons for the first time since the mid-1990s. The Huskies should be very good in 2013-14 with two McDonald All-American's -- Katie Collier and Kelsey Plum -- joining all-Pac-12 selection Jazmine Davis.
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 38 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
29 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos