Alabama reassigns Hudson to admin role
Alabama has reassigned women's basketball coach Wendell Hudson to an administrative role.TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama has reassigned women's basketball coach Wendell Hudson to an administrative role.
Athletic director Bill Battle said Monday that it was a mutual decision after several weeks of discussions with Hudson. The Crimson Tide went 68-87 and 14-64 in Southeastern Conference games during Hudson's five seasons.
He had been spent the previous five years as Alabama's associate athletic director for alumni relations.
Hudson was Alabama's first black scholarship athlete. He played forward under coach C.M. Newton from 1970-73 and was SEC player of the year as a senior.
Alabama says a national search for his replacement will begin immediately.
Battle did not elaborate on Hudson's new position.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 8 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos