Dream cut veteran Swanier, rookie Alverson
Atlanta has released guard Ketia Swanier and forward Blanche Alverson, leaving the Dream with 14 players.ATLANTA -- Atlanta has released guard Ketia Swanier and forward Blanche Alverson, leaving the Dream with 14 players.
Swanier played in 34 games for Atlanta in the 2012 season, making one start and averaging 2.2 points and 1.9 assists. She played with Phoenix from 2009-11 and began her WNBA career with Connecticut in 2008. She has averaged 2.5 points per game in five seasons.
Alverson, a rookie from Auburn, was signed to a training camp contract in April and averaged 5.5 points and 3.0 rebounds in two preseason games.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos