Mosqueda-Lewis, Hartley headline WUG roster
National champions Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Bria Hartley headline the U.S. women's basketball team that will compete in July at the World University Games.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- National champions Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Bria Hartley headline the U.S. women's basketball team that will compete in July at the World University Games.
The two UConn stars were among the 12 chosen to play in Kazan, Russia, from July 8-15. Shoni Schimmel, who helped Louisville make a surprising run to the NCAA championship game this past season, is also on the squad.
Joining them are Odyssey Sims (Baylor), ReShanda Gray (California), Cassie Harberts (USC), Theresa Plaisance (LSU) and Ariel Massengale (Tennessee).
First time players, besides Schimmel, include Crystal Bradford (Central Michigan), Aaryn Ellenberg (Oklahoma), Jordan Hooper (Nebraska) and Tricia Liston (Duke).
The team will be coached by Oklahoma's Sherri Coale, who will be assisted by Penn State's Coquese Washington and Marist's Brian Giorgis.
The Americans have won the last two gold medals. They've also won the gold in 2001 and 2005. The U.S. didn't compete in 2003 or 2007.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos