WNBA GMs predict that Mercury will win title
WNBA general managers are predicting the Phoenix Mercury, with a healthy returning roster and the addition of No. 1 draft pick Brittney Griner, to win the championship, and Los Angeles' Candace Parker as the top choice to earn the MVP award.
NEW YORK -- WNBA general managers are predicting the Phoenix Mercury, with a healthy returning roster and the addition of No. 1 draft pick Brittney Griner, to win the championship, and Los Angeles' Candace Parker to earn the MVP award.
Griner is also the overwhelming favorite for Rookie of the Year, picked by 75 percent of the respondents in the annual WNBA.com GM survey released Tuesday. The Mercury were the top choice to win the title, with 33 percent of the votes.
Parker, the 2008 rookie of the year and MVP received 42 percent of the MVP vote. Phoenix's Diana Taurasi, who won the award in 2009, was picked by 25 percent.
Also, defending champion Indiana's Lin Dunn received the most votes for the best head coach (33 percent) and the best motivator (42 percent).
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
55 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
42 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos