Shock waive guard Dorrell in next-to-last cut
The Tulsa Shock waived guard Scholanda Dorrell on Tuesday, their next-to-last cut before the start of the regular season.
TULSA, Okla. -- The Tulsa Shock waived guard Scholanda Dorrell on Tuesday, their next-to-last cut before the start of the regular season.
In the past two days, the Shock have cut three players who started games for the team last season. Dorrell started eight times and played in 26 games, averaging 4.2 points. On Monday, Tulsa cut forward Amber Holt and center Chante Black. Holt started 18 games last season and Black 13.
The roster has undergone a significant overhaul with the addition of No. 3 overall draft pick Skylar Diggins, an offseason trade for Candice Wiggins and Nicole Powell and the return of Elizabeth Cambage after she missed last season to play in the Olympics.
One more player must be cut by Thursday.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 57 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 59 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
55 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
44 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos