Fever sign Thorn to help injury-depleted roster
The Indiana Fever have signed WNBA veteran Erin Thorn to help fill out their injury-depleted roster.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Fever have signed WNBA veteran Erin Thorn to help fill out their injury-depleted roster.
The defending WNBA champs started this season with three players out because of knee injuries. None of the three are expected to play before midseason.
On Wednesday, All-Star guard Katie Douglas sat out with an undisclosed injury against New York. That left Indiana with only eight healthy players. Douglas is still listed as day to day.
Thorn has played 10 seasons in the league with New York, Chicago and Minnesota and is considered a 3-point specialist. The 33-year-old has career averages of 4.8 points and 1.5 assists with her best season coming in 2007 with the Liberty. She started 29 games and averaged 9.7 points that season.
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 59 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos