Dream's Lyttle to miss 6 games while in Europe
The Atlanta Dream will be without leading rebounder Sancho Lyttle for six games while the forward plays for Spain's national team.
ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Dream will be without leading rebounder Sancho Lyttle for six games while the forward plays for Spain's national team.
Lyttle is averaging 15.4 points and nine rebounds for Atlanta, which is 4-1 and tied for the Eastern Conference lead with Chicago. She ranks third in the WNBA with 2.8 steals per game.
Atlanta will be without Lyttle for Friday night's home game against Seattle. She will return for a game at Minnesota on July 9.
Lyttle will play for Spain's national team at EuroBasket Women 2013 in France. The tournament is the European women's championship and is a qualifier for the 2014 FIBA World Championships.
Lyttle, a native of Saint Vincent in the West Indies, became a citizen of Spain in 2010.
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 50 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 15 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 43 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 1 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 24 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos