Dream's Lyttle to miss 6 games while in Europe
The Atlanta Dream will be without leading rebounder Sancho Lyttle for six games while the forward plays for Spain's national team.
ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Dream will be without leading rebounder Sancho Lyttle for six games while the forward plays for Spain's national team.
Lyttle is averaging 15.4 points and nine rebounds for Atlanta, which is 4-1 and tied for the Eastern Conference lead with Chicago. She ranks third in the WNBA with 2.8 steals per game.
Atlanta will be without Lyttle for Friday night's home game against Seattle. She will return for a game at Minnesota on July 9.
Lyttle will play for Spain's national team at EuroBasket Women 2013 in France. The tournament is the European women's championship and is a qualifier for the 2014 FIBA World Championships.
Lyttle, a native of Saint Vincent in the West Indies, became a citizen of Spain in 2010.
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 31 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 22 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 33 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 52 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 48 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
26 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
33 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos