Mercury's Dupree suspended for ref contact
Phoenix forward Candice Dupree was suspended one game by the WNBA for making contact with an official during the Mercury's game against Indiana on Saturday.
NEW YORK -- Phoenix forward Candice Dupree was suspended one game by the WNBA for making contact with an official during the Mercury's game against Indiana on Saturday.
Dupree will serve her suspension Friday night when Phoenix hosts the Los Angeles Sparks.
The contact with official Lamont Simpson occurred with 1:48 left in the second quarter, and Dupree was given a technical foul on the play. Simpson was wearing the new referee camera attached to eye glasses, which showed the bump up close in the nationally televised game.
The Mercury went on to win 82-67 for their first victory of the season.
Dupree is averaging 11.8 points and 4.5 rebounds this season.
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 43 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 58 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 43 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 20 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 12 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 38 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos