Gophers' Banham undergoes surgery on knees
Minnesota junior captain Rachel Banham has undergone successful surgery for patellar tendonitis in both knees.
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota junior captain Rachel Banham has undergone successful surgery for patellar tendonitis in both knees.
Coach Pam Borton made the announcement Tuesday. Banham had the surgery earlier this week.
Borton says the surgery was performed in the summer to make sure Banham "will be at 100 percent for her junior year."
Banham, who's from Lakeville, averaged 20.7 points per game and posted five games with 30 or more points and 16 games with 20 or more points last season.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 51 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 59 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 46 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 36 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
36 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
31 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos