Sun acquire Pedersen from Shock for pick
The Connecticut Sun acquired forward Kayla Pedersen from the Tulsa Shock for a second round pick in next season's WNBA draft.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- The Connecticut Sun acquired forward Kayla Pedersen from the Tulsa Shock for a second-round pick in next season's WNBA draft.
She played 10 minutes in Tulsa's win over Chicago on Thursday, scoring two points and grabbing three rebounds.
The Stanford graduate was averaging 4.1 points and 4.0 rebounds this season.
Pedersen was the seventh pick in the 2011 WNBA draft and left the Cardinal as the all-time leading rebounder. She also scored 1,941 points in her college career -- the seventh highest total at the school.
The Sun waived Ashley Walker to make room for Pedersen.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos