Sun acquire Pedersen from Shock for pick
The Connecticut Sun acquired forward Kayla Pedersen from the Tulsa Shock for a second round pick in next season's WNBA draft.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- The Connecticut Sun acquired forward Kayla Pedersen from the Tulsa Shock for a second-round pick in next season's WNBA draft.
She played 10 minutes in Tulsa's win over Chicago on Thursday, scoring two points and grabbing three rebounds.
The Stanford graduate was averaging 4.1 points and 4.0 rebounds this season.
Pedersen was the seventh pick in the 2011 WNBA draft and left the Cardinal as the all-time leading rebounder. She also scored 1,941 points in her college career -- the seventh highest total at the school.
The Sun waived Ashley Walker to make room for Pedersen.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos