Taurasi suspended one game after 7th tech
Diana Taurasi was suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
NEW YORK -- Diana Taurasi was suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
Under WNBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game upon receiving a seventh technical foul during the regular season. For every two additional technical fouls received during that regular season, the player or coach will be automatically suspended for an additional game.
The All-Star guard, who has played in 17 games this season, incurred the technical at 7:31 of the second quarter on Sunday during the Mercury's game against the Lynx.
She will serve the suspension on Wednesday when the Mercury visit Minnesota.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos