Fever clear room for Pohlen season debut
Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
Hassell appeared in 12 games and averaged 1.8 points and 1.3 rebounds for a team that has been hit hard by injuries.
Pohlen has not played since tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee during Game 2 of the 2012 WNBA Finals. She was Indiana's top draft pick in 2011 and was the first rookie to lead the league in 3-point percentage (46.8). Last season, Pohlen shot 42.1 percent from beyond the arc and was No. 11 in the league.
Eight different Fever players have missed time because of injuries, including six of top seven scorers from the championship team.
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos