ODU coach Barefoot signs new 5-year contract
Old Dominion women's basketball coach Karen Barefoot has signed a new five-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
NORFOLK, Va. -- Old Dominion women's basketball coach Karen Barefoot has signed a new five-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
Athletic director Wood Selig made the announcement Wednesday.
Barefoot just completed her second season with the Lady Monarchs, guiding them to a 19-12 record and a berth in the Women's NIT.
Selig says the deal contains enhanced performance incentives and demonstrates the university's commitment to women's basketball.
Barefoot's new deal is for a base salary of $175,000, $15,000 for radio obligations and bonuses that include a month's salary for making the NCAA tournament, reaching the third round and reaching the Final Four, two month's salary for reaching the national title game and three month's salary for winning the championship.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 13 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos