Taurasi suspended for getting 9th technical
Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
NEW YORK -- Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
The Phoenix Mercury star picked up her ninth technical of the season in the third quarter against New York on Tuesday night. She'll miss the Mercury's nationally televised game in Chicago on Wednesday night.
Under WNBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game after receiving seven technical fouls during the regular season. For every two additional technicals that regular season, they will be automatically suspended for another game.
Taurasi, who is averaging nearly 21 points and 6 assists, sat out a game against Minnesota in July after getting her seventh technical.
Tuesday's was her first since Aug. 6.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 8 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos