Taurasi suspended for getting 9th technical
Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
NEW YORK -- Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
The Phoenix Mercury star picked up her ninth technical of the season in the third quarter against New York on Tuesday night. She'll miss the Mercury's nationally televised game in Chicago on Wednesday night.
Under WNBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game after receiving seven technical fouls during the regular season. For every two additional technicals that regular season, they will be automatically suspended for another game.
Taurasi, who is averaging nearly 21 points and 6 assists, sat out a game against Minnesota in July after getting her seventh technical.
Tuesday's was her first since Aug. 6.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 32 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos