Report: Mystics' Thibault named top coach
A person familiar with the situation says Washington's Mike Thibault has won WNBA coach of the year.
A person familiar with the situation says Washington's Mike Thibault has won WNBA Coach of the Year.
The person says Thibault will receive the award Saturday night in Washington before the Mystics face Atlanta in the second game of the Eastern Conference semifinals. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made.
Thibault has won the award three times now matching Van Chancellor for the most in league history. Thibault, in his first season with the Mystics, guided them to 17 wins in the regular season.
He came to Washington this season after getting let go by Connecticut in November.
The person says Thibault edged Seattle's Brian Agler and Chicago's Pokey Chatman for the award.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos