Knee to keep UCLA forward Swain out for year
UCLA junior forward Kacy Swain is out for the season because of a right knee injury.
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA junior forward Kacy Swain is out for the season because of a right knee injury.
The Bruins say an MRI revealed a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Swain averaged 3.1 points and 3.0 rebounds per game last year and was second on the team in blocked shots. Her absence leaves UCLA with just two healthy forwards to start the season.
The Bruins also lost sophomore guard Kari Korver for the season after she tore an ACL last month.
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 16 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 8 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 35 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos