UConn favored to reign in American Athletic
Connecticut is the unanimous choice to win women's championship in the inaugural American Athletic Conference.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Connecticut is the unanimous preseason choice to win the inaugural American Athletic Conference championship.
The defending national champions received nine first-place votes from the league's coaches. National runner-up Louisville is second in the preseason poll, chosen by the coaches released Monday. Louisville is playing in the conference for one season before leaving for the ACC.
South Florida was picked third with Rutgers fourth. The Scarlet Knights also are only playing one season in the conference before heading to the Big Ten.
SMU, Memphis, Cincinnati, Central Florida, Temple and Houston round out the picks.
Connecticut sophomore Breanna Stewart is the conference's preseason player of the year. She helped UConn win the national title in April and was the most outstanding player of the Final Four.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 19 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos