Rooks, No. 19 prospect, committing to Stanford
Taylor Rooks, the No. 19 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100, becomes the third Top 100 player to choose Stanford.
Taylor Rooks, the No. 19 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2014 class, has given a verbal commitment to Stanford.
Rooks, a 6-foot senior wing at Gill St. Bernard's School in New Jersey, also was considering Connecticut, Princeton and Harvard. She was named the Gatorade player of the year in New Jersey in 2012-13 as a junior after averaging 27.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, 3.2 steals, 2.1 assists and 1.7 blocked shots per game.
The early signing period for women's basketball begins Nov. 13.
Only four of the top 20 prospects remain undeclared, including No. 1 overall A'ja Wilson.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos