Georgia coach suspends Butler, Griffin for 3 tilts
Georgia coach Andy Landers has suspended sophomore guards Marjorie Butler and Tiaria Griffin for three games.
ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia coach Andy Landers has suspended sophomore guards Marjorie Butler and Tiaria Griffin for three games.
Griffin, who started 17 games as a freshman last season, and Butler, who was a top reserve, will miss the first three games of the season. In a statement released by Georgia, the suspensions were for "failure to adhere to standards of the program."
No other details were released by the school. Landers said Saturday the two players "have come up short" of the program's expectations.
Griffin averaged 7.3 points and led the Lady Bulldogs with 46 3-pointers. Butler did not start as a freshman and averaged 2.3 points in 27 games.
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 42 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 4 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 14 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 21 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos