Nebraska to retire No. 23 jersey of Griffin
Former Nebraska women's basketball star Kelsey Griffin will have her No. 23 jersey retired in January.
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Former Nebraska women's basketball star Kelsey Griffin will have her No. 23 jersey retired in January.
Griffin was a first-team All-American, national player-of-the-year finalist and Big 12 player of the year in 2010. She led the Cornhuskers to 30 straight wins before their first loss, the Big 12 regular-season championship and Nebraska's first appearance in the NCAA regional semifinals. She also led the Huskers to the NCAA tournament in 2007 and 2008.
Griffin and Karen Jennings are the only players in program history with 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. Jennings' No. 51 and Maurtice Ivy's No. 30 are the other jerseys retired by Nebraska.
Nebraska announced Wednesday that Griffin, who plays in the WNBA and Australia, will be honored Jan. 29 when the Huskers host Michigan.
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 10 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security 14 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 11 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 28 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos