No. 7 prospect White chooses South Carolina
Jatarie White, the No. 7 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2014 class, joins a loaded 2014 recruiting class at South Carolina.
South Carolina has made a major upgrade to its 2014 recruiting class.
Jatarie White, a 6-foot-4 post player and the No. 7 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2014 class, gave a verbal commitment to the Gamecocks, who already had the No. 17 class in the nation before reeling in their biggest star. With the addition of White, expect Dawn Staley's class to move up when the rankings are updated this week.
White was named North Carolina's state player of the year by both The Associated Press and Gatorade after averaging 19.0 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.2 blocks and 1.8 steals and leading Providence Day to the 3A Independent Schools championship, where she posted 24 points and 12 rebounds in a 44-28 win over Rabun Gap-Nacoochee (Ga.).
White also was considering North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio State and Texas.
Players can officially sign with teams during the NCAA's early signing period, which starts Wednesday.
South Carolina had previously received verbal commitments from guard Kaydra Duckett, the No. 32 prospect in the class; point guard Bianca Cuevas, the No. 44 prospect in the class; and three-star guard Doniyah Cliney.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos