NCAA: Swain can join Memphis immediately
Memphis guard Jasbriell Swain, a transfer from Binghamton, has received an NCAA waiver allowing her to play for her new school immediately rather than sitting out a year.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis guard Jasbriell Swain, a transfer from Binghamton, has received an NCAA waiver allowing her to play for her new school immediately rather than sitting out a year.
Memphis coach Melissa McFerrin announced the ruling Tuesday through a university release. McFerrin says the senior would suit up for the Tigers on Friday at Wright State.
Swain's hometown is Memphis. McFerrin says that Swain transferred to Memphis "because of some health issues in her family." Swain, who is 5-foot-8, joined the team as a walk-on.
Swain lettered three seasons at Binghamton and was the America East's rookie of the year her freshman season. She made the America East's all-defensive team last season and averaged 8.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.6 steals per game.
Swain has one season of eligibility remaining.
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 6 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 47 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 44 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 50 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 26 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos