Montana coach Selvig joins 800-win club
Montana's Robin Selvig became the eighth women's basketball coach to reach 800 career victories with the Lady Griz's 68-61 victory over Portland on Monday night.
MISSOULA, Mont. -- Montana's Robin Selvig became the eighth women's basketball coach to reach 800 career victories with the Lady Griz's 68-61 victory over Portland on Monday night.
Selvig has been at the school for 36 years and produced 33 winning seasons, including 20 trips to the NCAA tournament.
The 61-year-old coach joined Pat Summitt, Sylvia Hatchell, C. Vivian Stringer, Tara VanDerveer, Geno Auriemma, Jody Conradt and Andy Landers in the 800-victory club. He has never beaten any of them, going 0-5 against the other members with all those games coming in the NCAA tournament.
Selvig, who has lost only 255 games in his career, went to Montana and played for the men's basketball team in the early 1970s. He spent three years coaching high school basketball before taking over as the Lady Griz's coach in 1978.
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 47 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos