Delaware upsets top-seeded Northern Iowa
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - December 1, 2007 -- Delaware is heading to the Football Championship Subdivision semifinals.
Joe Flaccow threw for 312 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Blue Hens past top-seeded Northern Iowa 39-27 today. It was the Panthers' first loss of the season.Omar Cuff added 102 yards and a touchdown for Delaware. The Blue Hens will play Southern Illinois next weekend for the right to advance to the national championship game December 14th. Delaware won the national title in 2003. Northern Iowa jumped to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter, but then Flacco and the Blue Hens' offense got to work.
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 3 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos