Fan critical after fall at Rutgers stadium
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - November 15, 2010 -- Rutgers University officials say a fall at the football stadium that left a man in critical condition was "accidental."
Spokesman E.J. Miranda told The Home News Tribune of East Brunswick there's no indication Nicholas Amabile was pushed down a stairwell near halftime Saturday.
The 20-year-old Florham Park resident, who is not a student, sustained head injuries in the fall.
Anthony Pryer told The Star-Ledger of Newark his friend jumped up on the staircase rail and tried to slide down. Pryor said Amabile fell about 30 feet.
The accident occurred during the Big East conference game in which Syracuse beat Rutgers 13-10 on a last-minute field goal.
rutgers scarlet knights, new jersey, ncaa fb
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 18 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 14 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
18 min ago