Fan critical after fall at Rutgers stadium
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - November 15, 2010 -- Rutgers University officials say a fall at the football stadium that left a man in critical condition was "accidental."
Spokesman E.J. Miranda told The Home News Tribune of East Brunswick there's no indication Nicholas Amabile was pushed down a stairwell near halftime Saturday.
The 20-year-old Florham Park resident, who is not a student, sustained head injuries in the fall.
Anthony Pryer told The Star-Ledger of Newark his friend jumped up on the staircase rail and tried to slide down. Pryor said Amabile fell about 30 feet.
The accident occurred during the Big East conference game in which Syracuse beat Rutgers 13-10 on a last-minute field goal.
rutgers scarlet knights, new jersey, ncaa fb
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 23 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra