Alabama fires coach who gave player loan
Alabama has fired Corey Harris, the assistant strength and conditioning coach who was found to have given safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix a loan, according to a member of the athletic department.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama has fired Corey Harris, the assistant strength and conditioning coach who was found to have given safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix a loan, according to a member of the athletic department.
The Tuscaloosa News earlier reported the move.
Clinton-Dix, who starts at free safety for the top-ranked Crimson Tide, missed games against Georgia State and Kentucky while awaiting his reinstatement from the NCAA.
The loan Clinton-Dix received from Harris, said to be less than $500, was in violation of NCAA bylaw 22.214.171.124, which says, "an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money."
Clinton-Dix was found to be the only player involved in the matter. Harris was originally placed on administrative leave.
A talented junior, Clinton-Dix is No. 19-ranked player on Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 for 2014. He is fourth on the team with 40 tackles to go along with two interceptions and six passes defended.
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 36 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
25 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos