Vandy's Matthews sets SEC receptions mark
Jordan Matthews has set the Southeastern Conference record for career receptions.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Jordan Matthews has set the Southeastern Conference record for career receptions.
Matthews' 4-yard reception late in the first quarter Saturday against Tennessee gave him 237 career catches to break Earl Bennett's record of 236 receptions for Vanderbilt from 2005-07. Matthews entered the night with 233 career receptions.
Matthews already had set the SEC record for career yards receiving in an Oct. 26 loss to Texas A&M. His record-breaking catch Saturday increased his career yardage total to 3,386. That record was previously held by Terrence Edwards, who accumulated 3,093 yards receiving for Georgia from 1999-2002.
Matthews, a 6-foot-3 senior from Madison, Ala., entered Saturday with 83 catches for 1,076 yards and five touchdowns this season.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos