BC's injured RB Williams will return for bowl
Boston College coach Steve Addazio says running back Andre Williams will be "ready to roll" when the Eagles play in a bowl.
BOSTON -- Boston College coach Steve Addazio says running back Andre Williams will be "ready to roll" when the Eagles play in a bowl.
Addazio says the injury that knocked the surprise Heisman Trophy hopeful out of Saturday's game against Syracuse won't keep him from playing in the postseason. Boston College finished the season 7-5 (4-4 Atlantic Coast Conference) with a last-minute loss to the Orange.
Williams was knocked out of the game on a run early in the third quarter. He finished with 29 yards on nine carries. The team didn't elaborate on the injury, but Williams had a shoulder problem earlier in the season.
Williams still finished as the leading rusher in the nation with 175.2 yards per game and a total of 2,102 for the season. That could be enough to win the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back and perhaps earn him an invitation to New York as a Heisman finalist.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos