Ex-Gators TE Taylor transferring to Kansas
Former Florida Gators tight end Kent Taylor is transferring to the Kansas Jayhawks, he confirmed Tuesday on Twitter.
Couldn't be more excited about my opportunity to go play football for the University of Kansas! #rockchalkjayhawk— Kent Taylor (@kenttaylor18) December 24, 2013
The 6-foot-5, 223-pound Taylor was ranked as the nation's No. 1 tight end in the class of 2012, but he failed to make an impact for the Gators.
He had two catches for 5 yards and a touchdown as a freshman -- the scoring grab came in the team's 33-23 loss to Louisville in the Allstate Sugar Bowl -- but did not play as a sophomore.
Taylor was one of six Gators players, all on the offensive side of the ball, to announce that they would transfer earlier this month.
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 26 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 4 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 58 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 34 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos