Ex-Gators TE Taylor transferring to Kansas
Former Florida Gators tight end Kent Taylor is transferring to the Kansas Jayhawks, he confirmed Tuesday on Twitter.
Couldn't be more excited about my opportunity to go play football for the University of Kansas! #rockchalkjayhawk— Kent Taylor (@kenttaylor18) December 24, 2013
The 6-foot-5, 223-pound Taylor was ranked as the nation's No. 1 tight end in the class of 2012, but he failed to make an impact for the Gators.
He had two catches for 5 yards and a touchdown as a freshman -- the scoring grab came in the team's 33-23 loss to Louisville in the Allstate Sugar Bowl -- but did not play as a sophomore.
Taylor was one of six Gators players, all on the offensive side of the ball, to announce that they would transfer earlier this month.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 13 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos