Lead foot: Clowney caught speeding again
South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has been pulled over again for going at least 25 mph over the speed limit.
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has been pulled over again for going at least 25 mph over the speed limit.
Clowney was stopped around 10:30 a.m. Thursday for going 84 mph in a 55 mph zone on Interstate 26 near Interstate 126, about five miles from the Gamecocks' campus, Columbia police said.
The traffic stop happened about an hour before the Gamecocks flew to Florida for the Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin. The game will be the junior's last for the Gamecocks as he leaves school early for the NFL draft.
It's Clowney's second ticket in three weeks. On Dec. 7, state troopers say, Clowney was going 110 mph in a 70 mph zone.
South Carolina's Steve Spurrier was asked about Clowney's latest ticket after the team landed in Orlando, and the coach did not sound too concerned.
"He needs to go to driving school, doesn't he? Somebody told me he got another speeding ticket today," Spurrier said. "At least he'll have enough money to pay for it a week or so from now. He needs to go to driving school. Hopefully they'll send him there after the bowl game."
Drivers pleading guilty to going at least 25 mph over the speed limit in South Carolina get six points. State law allows a license to be suspended after 12 points.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 53 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos