LSU reserve QB Rivers decides to transfer
LSU says it has granted reserve quarterback Stephen Rivers' request to transfer after he graduates this spring, allowing him to play wherever he wants next fall.
BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU says it has granted reserve quarterback Stephen Rivers' request to transfer after he graduates this spring, allowing him to play wherever he wants next fall.
Rivers, the younger brother of San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, has used only two seasons of eligibility after taking a redshirt year at LSU in 2011.
He spent 2012 as Zach Mettenberger's backup, seeing only limited action in four games.
He entered 2013 expecting to be Mettenberger's backup again, but fell behind Anthony Jennings in the depth chart. Jennings wound up filling in for Mettenberger and leading LSU to a comeback victory in the Tigers' regular-season finale against Arkansas. Jennings then started LSU's Outback Bowl victory over Iowa.
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 43 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos