Nebraska's Burkhead hoping to play Saturday
Nebraska running back Rex Burkhead hoping to play Saturday.
The 2011 All-Big Ten running back sprained his left knee in the opener and has aggravated the injury twice. He's missed five games and had to leave early in three others.
Burkhead practiced Monday on a limited basis. He said he's "pretty close" to being able to play in a game, but he doesn't know if it will be this week. He says it would "mean the world" to him to play against the Gophers because it's his last home game.
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast 13 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 49 min ago
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Body found in Logan tire fire 16 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 48 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 38 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
2 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
49 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
48 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos