Nebraska's Burkhead hoping to play Saturday
Nebraska running back Rex Burkhead hoping to play Saturday.
The 2011 All-Big Ten running back sprained his left knee in the opener and has aggravated the injury twice. He's missed five games and had to leave early in three others.
Burkhead practiced Monday on a limited basis. He said he's "pretty close" to being able to play in a game, but he doesn't know if it will be this week. He says it would "mean the world" to him to play against the Gophers because it's his last home game.
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos