Nebraska's Burkhead hoping to play Saturday
Nebraska running back Rex Burkhead hoping to play Saturday.
The 2011 All-Big Ten running back sprained his left knee in the opener and has aggravated the injury twice. He's missed five games and had to leave early in three others.
Burkhead practiced Monday on a limited basis. He said he's "pretty close" to being able to play in a game, but he doesn't know if it will be this week. He says it would "mean the world" to him to play against the Gophers because it's his last home game.
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 18 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 37 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos