Texas A&M police say WR Johnson found safe
Texas A&M freshman receiver Thomas Johnson was found safe Thursday, according to the university police department.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M freshman receiver Thomas Johnson, missing since Monday, was found safe on Thursday in Dallas, the university police department and the player's mother confirmed.
A police department spokesperson told ESPN.com Thursday morning that further information was forthcoming.
His mother, Linda Hanks, said A&M University police called her early Thursday to say the 18-year-old had been found unharmed.
"We are pleased and relieved to find T.J.," Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin said in a statement. "Our foremost concern is for the health and well-being of T.J. I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and efforts in locating him."
Police said Wednesday that Johnson was last seen leaving his College Station residence around 5 p.m. on Monday.
Hanks told WFAA-TV she had traveled from Dallas to College Station as authorities searched for her son. Meanwhile, Johnson turned up 180 miles to the north, in Dallas.
Hanks says Johnson has not contacted her since his disappearance and that she had no other information.
Johnson, a true freshman receiver out of Dallas Skyline High School, has appeared in 10 games this season, and has 30 catches for 339 yards and a touchdown.
The station reported Hanks visited Johnson last week, then received a text Monday that he had missed class and practice.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com reporter Sam Khan Jr. was used in this report.
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire 41 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying 39 min ago
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept. 24 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 19 min ago
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
2 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
41 min ago
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's...
39 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos