Texas A&M police say WR Johnson found safe
Texas A&M freshman receiver Thomas Johnson was found safe Thursday, according to the university police department.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M freshman receiver Thomas Johnson, missing since Monday, was found safe on Thursday in Dallas, the university police department and the player's mother confirmed.
A police department spokesperson told ESPN.com Thursday morning that further information was forthcoming.
His mother, Linda Hanks, said A&M University police called her early Thursday to say the 18-year-old had been found unharmed.
"We are pleased and relieved to find T.J.," Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin said in a statement. "Our foremost concern is for the health and well-being of T.J. I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and efforts in locating him."
Police said Wednesday that Johnson was last seen leaving his College Station residence around 5 p.m. on Monday.
Hanks told WFAA-TV she had traveled from Dallas to College Station as authorities searched for her son. Meanwhile, Johnson turned up 180 miles to the north, in Dallas.
Hanks says Johnson has not contacted her since his disappearance and that she had no other information.
Johnson, a true freshman receiver out of Dallas Skyline High School, has appeared in 10 games this season, and has 30 catches for 339 yards and a touchdown.
The station reported Hanks visited Johnson last week, then received a text Monday that he had missed class and practice.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com reporter Sam Khan Jr. was used in this report.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 23 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos