No. 2 OT Johnson, ex-PSU commit, going to Pitt
Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.
Dorian Johnson, an ESPN 150 prospect and the No. 2 offensive tackle nationally, committed to Pitt while on his official visit this weekend, Belle Vernon (Pa.) Area coach Aaron Krepps told ESPN in a text message.
Johnson, who was committed to Penn State before the NCAA sanctions, officially visited Pitt with other ESPN 300 prospects Tyler Boyd (Clairton, Pa./Clairton) and Robert Foster (Monaca, Pa./Central Valley).
Pitt was Johnson's leader since decommitting from Penn State in August. The No. 22 player in the ESPN 150 had the Panthers slightly ahead of Ohio State, with Virginia Tech a distant third.
Johnson has an official visit to Ohio State planned for Dec. 7 and is slated to visit unofficially Nov. 24 for the Michigan game. It is not clear if those visits still will take place.
"Have not had an opportunity to speak with (Johnson) at length," Krepps said about any details surrounding the commitment.
- Police: Driver kills 2 at South By Southwest in Austin 1 min ago
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas blast 1 min ago
- Chinese official: No proof to link debris to jet
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo 12 min ago
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos