No. 2 OT Johnson, ex-PSU commit, going to Pitt
Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.
Dorian Johnson, an ESPN 150 prospect and the No. 2 offensive tackle nationally, committed to Pitt while on his official visit this weekend, Belle Vernon (Pa.) Area coach Aaron Krepps told ESPN in a text message.
Johnson, who was committed to Penn State before the NCAA sanctions, officially visited Pitt with other ESPN 300 prospects Tyler Boyd (Clairton, Pa./Clairton) and Robert Foster (Monaca, Pa./Central Valley).
Pitt was Johnson's leader since decommitting from Penn State in August. The No. 22 player in the ESPN 150 had the Panthers slightly ahead of Ohio State, with Virginia Tech a distant third.
Johnson has an official visit to Ohio State planned for Dec. 7 and is slated to visit unofficially Nov. 24 for the Michigan game. It is not clear if those visits still will take place.
"Have not had an opportunity to speak with (Johnson) at length," Krepps said about any details surrounding the commitment.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 17 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 44 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos