UF's Driskel back vs. FSU; playing time unclear
Florida (No. 4 BCS, No. 6 AP) will get starting quarterback Jeff Driskel back for Saturday's showdown with No. 10 Florida State. How much he'll play, however, is uncertain.
UF coach Will Muschamp said Monday that Driskel was cleared to practice and would play against the Seminoles (10-1), but there won't be a determination on whether he'll start or how much he'll play until later in the week.
"Jeff Driskel will play in the game," Muschamp said. "What will be his percentage I don't know right now. We will not practice him today, but he will practice tomorrow. He probably could practice today, but in talking with (trainer) Anthony Pass, we felt like it would be best for him to have treatment today."
The 6-foot-4, 239-pound Driskel sat out Saturday's victory over Jacksonville State with a sprained right ankle, which he suffered late in the third quarter of the Gators' victory over Louisiana-Lafayette on Nov. 10. UF (10-1) started Jacoby Brissett against Jacksonville State, and he went 14-for-22 for 122 yards in the Gators' 23-0 victory.
Driskel started nine games after he and Brissett both started the season opener against Bowling Green (Driskel lined up at receiver). He has completed 64.8 percent of his passes for 1,324 yards and 10 touchdowns with three interceptions. He also is UF's second-leading rusher, with 424 yards and four touchdowns on 97 carries.
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 55 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos