Fight Hunger Bowl moving to new 49ers venue
The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers' new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers' new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.
Bowl organizers, the Santa Clara Stadium Authority and the 49ers announced Tuesday the annual Bay Area bowl game will move into the new stadium in December 2014. Construction on the $1 billion state-of-the-art stadium adjacent to team headquarters is more than 20 percent complete, the 49ers said.
The Fight Hunger Bowl, which is sponsored by Kraft, last year generated three meals for local food banks for each of the 29,878 tickets sold.
Officials used an Oreo cookie for the 2011 opening coin toss at AT&T Park, the San Francisco Giants' ballpark, where the game has been played since its inception in 2002.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 46 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos