Fight Hunger Bowl moving to new 49ers venue
The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers' new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers' new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.
Bowl organizers, the Santa Clara Stadium Authority and the 49ers announced Tuesday the annual Bay Area bowl game will move into the new stadium in December 2014. Construction on the $1 billion state-of-the-art stadium adjacent to team headquarters is more than 20 percent complete, the 49ers said.
The Fight Hunger Bowl, which is sponsored by Kraft, last year generated three meals for local food banks for each of the 29,878 tickets sold.
Officials used an Oreo cookie for the 2011 opening coin toss at AT&T Park, the San Francisco Giants' ballpark, where the game has been played since its inception in 2002.
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd 8 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 43 min ago
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 12 min ago
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos