Fight Hunger Bowl moving to new 49ers venue
The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers' new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers' new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.
Bowl organizers, the Santa Clara Stadium Authority and the 49ers announced Tuesday the annual Bay Area bowl game will move into the new stadium in December 2014. Construction on the $1 billion state-of-the-art stadium adjacent to team headquarters is more than 20 percent complete, the 49ers said.
The Fight Hunger Bowl, which is sponsored by Kraft, last year generated three meals for local food banks for each of the 29,878 tickets sold.
Officials used an Oreo cookie for the 2011 opening coin toss at AT&T Park, the San Francisco Giants' ballpark, where the game has been played since its inception in 2002.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos